Information and guidelines related to the coronavirus is rapidly evolving, and the latest developments have suggested we provide an update on our efforts. This memo particularly relates to travel.
At this time, we want to offer some important considerations related to travel, whether college-related or personal, as Spring Break approaches:
- Strongly reconsider any international travel, including in the Caribbean.
- All college-affiliated travel to China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea is suspended.
- The college strongly recommends all students, staff, and faculty members avoid all personal travel to China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea.
- Any member of the college community who travels to or from China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea is encouraged to self-identify prior to returning to campus and may be subject to quarantine for 14 days.
- Students returning from these countries should contact the Student Health Center at 315.684.6078; staff or faculty returning from these regions should inform Human Resources by contacting 315.684.6038. Alternately, you may choose to send information via email to email@example.com.
- Students who make travel plan changes as a result of this memo can contact Residence Life at 315.684.6043 to make alternate arrangements.
Senior leadership of the college has participated in several conference calls and conversations with representatives of SUNY system, the New York State Department of Health, the Governor’s office and other professionals and information here reflects those conversations.
SUNY Morrisville has no confirmed cases on campus. We have infectious disease protocols in place. Heightened cleaning protocols are in process to minimize the spread of viruses. Together, the college and local health officials are prepared for a broad range of contingencies in the event of an outbreak.
We follow the guidance of SUNY system, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the New York State Department of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Department of State.