If you are living in an on-campus residence hall, it’s a great idea to pack an emergency COVID-19 bag, in the event you are required to quarantine.
The possibility exists that you may test positive or have exposure to COVID-19, and have to leave your residence for a quarantine location. Having a pre-packed quarantine bag in your closet that’s easy to grab is easier than trying under pressure to figure out what you will want or need for two weeks.
COVID-19 QUARANTINE BAG:
- Cell phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Items for classes (textbooks, etc.)
- Daily medications
- List of important peoples’ phone numbers, written or printed
- List of any allergies
- Changes of comfy clothes (sweats, pajama pants, T-shirts, fuzzy socks, etc.) for 14 days
- Fleece throw (take the tiniest one in the house and squish it into an XL baggie, then force the extra air out). SUNY Morrisville students also will be required to bring full bedding to South Hall.
- Body lotion/baby oil
- Menstrual products or other specialized hygiene supplies
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair comb/brush, hair ties
- Cough drops
- Ibuprofen or acetaminophen or other pain reliever/fever reducer
- Prescription medications (optional over-the-counters like Mucinex DM or Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion)
- A few masks
- Some sort of distraction — even a coloring book and crayons or a deck of cards
- Powdered Gatorade to mix in water
- Refillable water bottle
- Hand sanitizer
- Copies of insurance information
Any other items that might be useful in making a 14-day quarantine more comfortable and that can reasonably fit in the bag are good measures to address before the semester gets underway.
We know this is a challenging time. We know this is not the fall semester any of us wanted. But we are committed to doing what we can to keep you safe and comfortable and focused on your learning objectives. We are cheering for you!
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns and we will do our best to address them.
Mary Bonderoff, EdD (She, Her, Hers)
Interim Vice President for Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer
Book an appointment with me!< br/> Follow me on Twitter @MaryBonderoff