Intramurals & Open Recreation at SUNY Morrisville provides a comprehensive program of on-campus intramural and recreational sports that are available to all students of all abilities. The year-long program allows students to compete in various leagues, tournaments and open events, while providing equipment and excellent facilities. It’s a great way to meet people, work out and have fun!
When participating in the program, it is important that everyone observes and abides by established policies, which are in place to protect the health and safety of students and staff. As with all events on campus, students are expected to adhere to the student code of conduct in the student handbook. Drugs and alcohol are prohibited at Intramurals & Open Recreation. Good sportsmanship is essential to the success and enjoyment of the program. Remember, there’s no reason to compete so hard to the point where someone gets angry or hurt.
It also is essential for all students to complete a daily self-health check using the COVID-19 Daily Self-Screening Checklist for any day they are on campus. If you do not successfully pass the self-check, do not leave your residence and instead contact your health care provider or the Student Health Center.
For the health and safety of all participants, we are requiring students to reserve specific times for open recreation activities and preregister for intramural events. Please see below for more information. As a reminder, everyone must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose at all times while on campus, in the community and any other public places they visit. This includes while being outdoors.
Fall 2020 Open Recreation
Hours: Monday-Friday, 5-9 p.m. (No open rec on Saturday and Sunday)
All students must:
- Reserve court times (one-hour limit) on Microsoft Teams.
- Remain off the courts unless they are playing.
- Sign in with their Student ID.
- Wear a face mask over their mouth and nose and maintain physical distance.
- Remain three (3) people per basket; no switching baskets.
- Only participate in shooting when on the basketball court; no basketball competition is allowed.
- Remain four (4) people per side when playing beach volleyball.
To register for intramural softball and beach volleyball, use the SUNY Morrisville webpage on the IMLeagues website. Softball must have at least six (6) students per team and beach volleyball must have four (4) students per team. Students also must wear a mask over their nose and mouth and maintain physical distance.
- Softball: Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Sept. 1-Oct. 7, 3-5 p.m. (preregister through the IMLeagues website)
- Beach Volleyball: Mondays and Fridays, Aug. 31-Oct. 9, 3-5 p.m. (preregister through the IMLeagues website)
- Cornhole Tournament: Thursday, Sept. 17, 3-5 p.m. (sign up by emailing Eric Rogers, Director of Intramurals & Open Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Horseshoe Tournament: Thursday, Oct. 1, 3-5 p.m. (sign up by emailing Eric Rogers, Director of Intramurals & Open Recreation, at email@example.com)
- Homerun Derby: Thursday, Oct. 8, 4 p.m. (sign up by emailing Eric Rogers, Director of Intramurals & Open Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you to all of our students who participate and abide by the rules to make Intramurals & Open Recreation a safe and welcoming environment!
Wearing a mask and practicing physical distancing are the best ways to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Students and employees are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times while on campus, in the Village and any other public places they may visit. Should any guests or vendors visit campus, they also must wear a mask at all times, including while in living spaces or any campus-operated facility.