As we approach the start of the fall semester, we will share a series of messages to ensure that you have answers to as many of your questions as possible before returning to campus. Please find below information regarding access and availability of COVID-19 personal protective equipment (PPE) and prevention supplies to help keep the campus community safe. The complete return-to-campus plan, which has received approval from SUNY system and meets the New York State Department of Health's Reopening New York Higher Education Guidelines, is available on our Fall 2020 Reopening Plans and Updates webpage. Please recognize that all plans are still subject to change due to new information, guidance or direction from the state.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Highlighted below are resources for the COVID-19 PPE, prevention supplies and services that will be made available to all SUNY Morrisville students, faculty and staff as they return to campus.
Masks will be supplied for all individuals returning to campus
• All residential students will receive a reusable, washable mask from the Office of Residence Life during their prescheduled move-in day.
• All nonresidential students can pick up a mask from University Police, located on the first floor of Brooks Hall.
• Masks for faculty and staff will be made available through academic divisions and campus offices. Please contact your dean or supervisor for more information.
• Any faculty or staff members who require or would like to request face shields also can reserve those through academic divisions and campus offices. Please contact your dean or supervisor for more information.
Personal hand sanitizer bottles, and where to refill them
• In addition to masks, all residential students also will receive a personal bottle of hand sanitizer prior to the beginning of classes on Aug. 24. Refill stations will be available throughout campus. Hand sanitizer will also be available in all residence halls throughout the semester.
• All nonresidential students can pick up hand sanitizer from University Police, located on the first floor of Brooks Hall, where they pick up their mask.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be strategically placed across campus, including the main entrances of most academic buildings. We strongly encourage all students, faculty and staff to utilize them often.
Campus COVID-19 Screening App
All employees are required to complete the Daily Health Screening through the Campus COVID Screening App, either prior to reporting for work or within the first hour of arriving to campus. Please see the "View the Campus COVID Screening App" all-faculty/staff email that was sent out Aug. 3, 2020, for further instructions and a link to the app.
Students will also be required to periodically complete the Health Screening through the COVID Screening App.
In addition to the aforementioned COVID-19 PPE and prevention supplies, heightened cleaning and disinfecting protocols will be in place to the extent that can be accommodated with staffing levels. For more information regarding the cleaning procedures in place for the upcoming semester, please visit our Hygiene Procedures & Cleaning Guidance webpage.
Wearing a mask or face covering and practicing physical distancing wherever possible are the best ways to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Students and employees are required to wear face coverings when in all public spaces and spaces used by multiple people.
Our return-to-campus plan is constantly evolving. We will continue to share updates about life on campus, as more details develop. You also can find more information regarding what to expect during the fall 2020 semester by visiting our Fall 2020 Reopening Plans and Updates homepage.