MORRISVILLE, N.Y. — An overwhelming response has expanded the second SUNY Morrisville and community dairy drive-thru, which will be held Friday, April 17, past the college’s Dairy Complex on Eaton Street (where it was held last week). The free dairy drive is 4-6 p.m. or until products are gone.
Once on Eaton Street, patrons will be directed where to go to pick up dairy products.
The new location, Hart Road, is just up the road from the SUNY Morrisville Dairy Complex and will better accommodate traffic and pickup. Hart Road will be closed from 2 p.m. on for the event.
• Morrisville dairy drive-thru time: 4-6 p.m.
• Location: 3555 Eaton Road/Street, Eaton, New York. Follow signs and officers directing traffic.
• Patrons will receive one pre-packaged bag of dairy items and milk.
• Patrons must remain in their vehicles at all times.
• The dairy drive is open to all community members who are in need.
• Items are free. Monetary donations are accepted.
Proper social distancing, safety and public health hygiene practices will be adhered to throughout the event.
Items for distribution this week include pasteurized milk, cottage cheese and sour cream. Last week, a truckload of yogurt, 200 gallons of milk and one ton of string cheese were among the items that were distributed to more than 230 patrons. More than 450 cars lined up a mile to Route 20 for last week’s drive.
“We hope to be able to serve more people this week,” said Ashley Marshall, a SUNY Morrisville faculty member leading the event.
Joining forces in the dairy drive-thru are SUNY Morrisville, the Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation (MAC) and the Morrisville-Eaton Central School District.
For more details, to donate dairy products (milk, yogurt, and cheese), or to make a monetary donation, contact Ashley Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.