SUNY Morrisville congratulates you on your decision to serve our country. Whether you are a veteran, active duty service member, member of the National Guard, reservist or dependent, Morrisville would like to help you achieve your education goals.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for certifying the enrollment of current veterans who are eligible and have applied for educational benefits. All veterans who are eligible must contact the Office of the Registrar to start the process. Only currently enrolled students are eligible to receive benefits.
Students with an agreement with the military concerning educational benefits may qualify under the following chapters:
- Chapter 106 - Reserves
- Chapter 30 - New G.I. Bill
- Chapter 35 - Child of Veteran
- Chapter 32 - VEAP
- Chapter 31 - V.A. Rehabilitation
The Department of Veterans Affairs launched an online GI Comparison Tool to make it easier for veterans, service members and dependents to calculate their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits and learn more about VA-approved colleges, universities and other education and training programs across the country.
Paul Field, New York State University Police Chief at SUNY Morrisville, serves as the Veterans Advocate. For additional veterans support, please contact Chief Field at 315.684.6410
The Veterans Lounge, located on the first floor of Galbreath Hall. Equipped with a computer lab and study area, the lounge serves as a meeting point for student veterans to connect.
Student Veterans of America
The Student Veterans of America group provides military veterans with resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and post-graduation.
You joined the military because you wanted to be part of something bigger. At The State University of New York, you can continue that journey. When you enroll at SUNY, you won’t be putting your military experience in the past; you’ll be using it as an asset to take on new challenges going forward.
Academic Credit for Military Experience and Prior Education
- Service members may be eligible to receive college credits for military learning experiences based on an approved list of course equivalencies from the American Council on Education.
- In order to have your military transcripts evaluated, please utilize the JOINT SERVICE TRANSCRIPT (Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps & Navy) or CCAF Transcript (Air Force) and have your transcripts sent to SUNY Morrisville.
VA Open Data
The VA is working to make information resources easier to find, access and use, while protecting individual personal data. VA's Open Data initiative strives to provide easy access to information that can fuel entrepreneurship, innovation and public policy research, such as:
- Patterns and comparative rates of health conditions for vulnerable veteran groups
- Location information for veteran gravesites across the U.S.
- Analysis on the growing number of women service members and veterans